Rental Charter13th March 2012
The rental companies pledge to provide for their customers:
- A car which is suited to your needs and maintained to the manufacturer’s recommended standards, which has been cleaned and thoroughly checked.
- Complete details of pricing, fuel policies and any excess mileage charges.
- An overview of damage and theft protection options, including excess levels and exceptions to the protection.
- The opportunity to inspect the interior and exterior of the car prior to the rental to ensure it is in line with the condition stated on the inspection report or rental agreement.
- The opportunity to inspect the car when it is returned at the end of the rental and agree on the condition.
- If the car is returned outside of normal opening hours to provide you with clear procedures for returning the car, which should include responsibility for end of rental damage.
- Adhere to the Code of Best Practice
- An effective complaints procedure.